I’ve had this flu/cold/virus (whatever the !&#? it is!!) for 10 days. I’m taking doc-prescribed meds, resting, drinking water, etc. But every morning I wake up feeling like a wet noodle! I’m leading a retreat this Saturday, and I’m worried that I’ll lose my voice.
So, it’s time to bring out the big gun: The 12 Powers Meditation by Charles Fillmore of Unity church. (After using the meditation, I’m now able to write this blog – YAY!)
Each of the 12 Powers has its own color and body location to visualize as you say the affirmations. I’ve simplified them so I can easily remember each one. I must confess I changed “Will” to the color Gold (as in The Golden Key by Emmet Fox); and “Understanding” is now Silver. It just made more sense to me.
You may wish to substitute your own terms for the words “Christ” and “God.” (“Christ” refers to your divine, true self; and “God” is your higher power as you understand it.) Also, you can state the affirmations in your own words.
BEGINNING AFFIRMATION: There is one presence and power in the universe, God, and I am one with it as the light of God surrounds me.
- FAITH: Indigo Blue — Crown of Head. The Christ in me now activates Faith. I trust God, knowing God’s will is for my highest good. I give thanks for the gift of Faith.
- STRENGTH: Pale Green – Lower Back. The Christ in me now activates Strength. I am strong and unafraid. Strength surges through me, giving me energy, endurance, and vigor. I give thanks for the faculty of Strength.
- WISDOM: Yellow – Solar Plexus, Under Rib Cage. The Christ in me now activates Wisdom (Judgement). I perceive beyond appearances, and am guided by Divine intuition into wise and perfect ways. I give thanks for the faculty of Wisdom.
- LOVE: Pink – Heart. The Christ in me now activates Love. I am a radiating center of Divine Love, loved and loving to everyone (including myself). I give thanks for the faculty of Love.
- POWER: Purple – Throat. The Christ in me now activates Power. My thoughts and words vibrate with spiritual power. I give thanks for the faculty of Power.
- IMAGINATION: Pale Blue – Forehead. The Christ in me now activates Imagination. I see creative, new ways to do what is mine to do. New opportunities to experience God’s good are coming into my life. I give thanks for the gift of Imagination.
- UNDERSTANDING: Silver – Front of Head. The Christ in me now activates Understanding. God is present in all situations and in every relationship. The perfect outworking of every situation is being revealed to me now. I give thanks for the faculty of Understanding.
- WILL: Gold – Center of Head. The Christ in me now activates Will. Not my will but God’s be done in my life. God molds me and uses me as God wills. I give thanks for the faculty of Will.
- ORDER: Dark Green – Belly Button. The Christ in me now activates Perfect Order. My spiritual path unfolds in its proper sequence. Divine timing and order are now established in my life. I give thanks for the faculty of Order.
- ZEAL: Saffron/Orange – Back of Head. The Christ in me now activates Zeal. I am enthusiastic and excited about life. I feel good pouring through me and I experience miracles in my life. I give thanks for the faculty of Zeal.
- ELIMINATION: Brown/Rust – Lower Abdomen. The Christ in me now activates Elimination (Renunciation). I am free of the past, and release all false and useless attitudes, emotions, and reactions. I am at one with God and with life. I give thanks for the faculty of Renunciation.
- LIFE: Red – Reproductive Organs. The Christ in me now activates Life. Every cell in my being is charged with the pure, restorative life of God. I give thanks for the faculty of Life.
CLOSING AFFIRMATION: There is only one Presence and Power, God the good, omnipotent. Father/Mother God and I are one.
PRAYER FOR PROTECTION: The Light of God surrounds me, the Love of God enfolds me, the Power of God protects me, and the Presence of God watches over me. Wherever I am, God is. Amen.
This list of 12 might seem long, but I’ve memorized it, and you can too. It helps to chunk the powers into groups of 4: Faith, Strength, Wisdom, Love — Power, Imagination, Understanding, Will — Order, Zeal, Elimination, Life.
Most important, however, is that you give it a try, breathing calmly and deeply as you visualize and say each affirmation. When you use this practice regularly, you’ll be amazed by the results! As I’ve been writing this blog, I find I’m feeling better and better. It works!
I’d love to hear from you! What do you notice? How have you modified the practice? What results are you seeing?
Gigi Langer is the author of 50 Ways to Worry Less Now: Reject Negative Thinking to Find Peace, Clarity, and Connection. 5 Stars on Amazon and winner of the Indie Excellence Award. Get 20% off here with promo code 20lessnow. (No discount at Amazon or e-books)
Gigi had a long career teaching and writing in education. She holds a PhD from Stanford University in Psychological Studies in Education, and has been clean and sober for 33 years.