My personal story is captured in my latest book “Worry Less Now.” I wrote this book to share what I’ve learned from my training in psychology and from over thirty years applying tools from recovery programs, cognitive therapy, energy work, and a variety of spiritual and scientific teachings.
I have used these ideas to free myself and hundreds of others from worry and I can tell you with confidence that they work!
These are some of the challenges that I’ve faced and overcome so far.
- Relationship Failures. I divorced my third husband (after marriage counseling and a trial separation) when I was 39 years old. Three years later, I married Peter and we’ve been happily married for 27 years.
- Substance Abuse. I’ve not had a drink or drug for 30 years and have helped several women recover from alcohol and drug addiction.
- Dysfunctional Family. I discovered and healed the negative patterns often found in children of alcoholic parents.
- Sexual Abuse. I faced memories of early sexual abuse and used a wide variety of strategies to overcome the effects of those wounds.
- Chronic Pain. I struggled with back pain for 15 years. Then, both of my shoulders “froze” and hurt constantly for two years. After surgery and physical therapy, I am now pain-free and in excellent health.
- Overwork and Perfectionism. As a college professor, I faced and healed fierce professional jealousies and insecurities, along with a tendency toward over-work and perfectionism.