My personal story is captured in my latest book 50 Ways to Worry Less Now: Reject Negative Thinking to Find Peace, Clarity, and Connection. BUY IT HERE
I wrote this book to share what I’ve learned from my training in psychology and over 30 years applying tools from recovery programs, cognitive therapy, energy work, and a variety of spiritual and scientific teachings.
I have used these ideas to free myself and hundreds of others from worry and I can tell you with confidence that they work!
These are some of the challenges that I’ve faced and overcome so far.
- Relationship Failures. I divorced my third husband (after marriage counseling and a trial separation) when I was 39 years old. Three years later, I married Peter and we’ve been happily married for 28 years.
- Chronic Pain. I struggled with back pain for 15 years. Then, both of my shoulders “froze” and hurt constantly for two years. After surgery and physical therapy, I am now pain-free and in excellent health.
- Dysfunctional Family. I suffered from many of the characteristics found in children of alcoholic parents: anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem. Through years of work and support from others, I’ve uncovered and healed these patterns.
- Codependence. When my dear friend battled cancer, and later my husband resumed drinking alcohol, I discovered my overreliance on others’ behavior for my security. Over time, I found my own true source of peace.
- Overwork and Perfectionism. As a college professor, I wrestled with fierce professional jealousies and insecurities, along with a tendency toward over-work and perfectionism. Eventually, I found a way to be content and productive.
- Abuse. I discovered memories of early abuse, healed its wounds, and forgave those who harmed me.
- Substance Related Disorder. For many years, marijuana and alcohol were ruining my relationships and inhibiting my power. I’ve been clean and sober for 31 years and have helped hundreds of women recover from alcohol and drug addiction.